The Durham double

Tilton Talk Shows coverage of BCFC Women is sponsored by Garrison Coffee C

Blues made it back to back wins over Durham in the early kick off at Maiden Castle. It was like the Wednesday night game but this time Blues got the goals in the first half from a direct corner by Lucy Quinn in the third minute and a lovely finish from Charlie Devlin just before half time.


Blues went off to a flyer when Lucy Quinn scored directly from a corner in the third minute.

Durham’s first chance came a minute later when Saoirse Noonan spins past a Blues defended and drilled it which Lucy Thomas held onto. Lucy Quinn was looking to get a brace in the 7th minute when she took a shot from outside of the area but it was held from Nadisha Mcaloon .

Then Durham were coming back into the game and almost got the equalizer when Dee Bradley peeled away from her marker and headed it just wide in the 11th minute. Blues should have doubled the lead in the 15th minute and if it wasn’t for Nadisha Mcaloon’s brilliant save it would have been another for the inform Jade Pennock .

In the 18th minute Blues could have been 0-2 up when Durham and it almost was a own goal when Grace Ayre misjudged the ball with Mcaloon right there but it trickled behind for a corner.

Blues yet again could have went 0-2 up Olivia Mcloughlin set up Jade Pennock but her effort rebounded of the woodwork. In the 30th minute Durham went on the counter attack through Beth Hepple then she played it back to Noonan who fired it over the bar. Durham were starting to get on top and in the 35th minute Mollie Lambert found Sarah Robson but her shot went past the post.

A third chance in a short space of time for Durham, this time it was a magnificent save from Lucy Thomas. Now it was Blues turn with Lucy Quinn shot went past the post  in the 44th minute.

Then the goal we were waiting for in stoppage time from Charlie Devlin she let the ball run across her body and fired it in the  bottom corner.



The first chance of the game was a goal back for Durham when a freekick was to hot to handle for Thomas and was poked in from Sarah Wilson in the 50th minute.

Then it was Olivia Mcloughlin turn to have a strike but it was saved easily from Naoisha Mcaloon .

It was Durham looking for the equalizer when Jess Clarke won a corner Dee Bradley connected to it but Thomas held on to it. In the 67th minute Jess Clarke was on the ball again but her shot went wide. Then in the 76th minute the hosts got another chance when Lily Crosthwaite got to the by-line but Beth Hepple shot was blocked.

The last chance for Blues came from Charlie Devlin when her shot was saved from Mcaloon.



Another hard fought better after Wednesday evening’s 1-0 win. This time not like Wednesday Blues got the noses in-front from Lucy Quinns direct corner which helped to settle the nerves down. Charlie getting her goal also helped. In the end it was to little to late for us with Bristol City thrashing Charlton Athletic 4-0 to become the champions.


I have to give it to Lucy Quinn to give us the perfect start also her attacking player getting shots off and always looking dangerous .


First of all I just want to say well done to Lauren Smith and her team for getting promotion out of the league. After beating Charlton 4-0 the title was sorted and trophy lifted. Lauren Smith has done a brilliant job with the small squad that she has and with 21 players its simply amazing . Again congratulations to Lauren and the team and see you next week.


The last game of the season against the champions Bristol City 2:00 kick off.


Spread the love
WordPress Cookie Plugin by Real Cookie Banner